Justin Allen pins his opponent in the first round.
We would like to congratulate the wrestlers who won medal at the State
Wrestling Match: Senior Justin Allen finished second in the 160 lb
category, Senior Russ Ferdig received third place at 130 lbs, Senior
Brandon Bashus won fifth place in the 171 lb category and Freshman Jess
Browne received third at 119 lbs.
We would also like to Congratulate Colene Michelle Haffke, a junior in the engineering department of the University of Michigan for making the dean’s list. Colene is a 2005 graduate of Plattsmouth High School.
Community Foundation Grant Recipients (L to R): Front Row Mayor Paul Lambert, city of Plattsmouth; John Knight, Pheasants Forever; Roxanne Pfeifer, Plattsmouth Kiwanis;; Celene Wilcox, Lions Club; Josh Smith, Plattsmouth Public Library; Sandy Kerns, After Prom; and Margo Prentice, Cass County Historical Society Museum. Back Row: George Miller, Cass County Museum; Pat Dugan, Historical Preservation Committee; Josh Smith, Plattsmouth Public Library; and Art Schleicher, Plattsmouth Food Pantry.
The Plattsmouth Community Foundation held their annual meeting February 21, 2008 at the New Community Center. They donated over $14,000 to local non-profit groups and organizations. The organizations were: the Cass County historical society was granted $3000 for replacing the step on at the Plattsmouth Museum, the City of Plattsmouth received $2000 for new sidewalks at Garfield Park and $1000 for equipment for , the Plattsmouth Conservancy received $2000 for custom plaques for historical buildings in Plattsmouth, the Kiwanis received $1250 for a landscaping project at Triangle Park, the Plattsmouth Public Library was granted $1000 for the purchase of a Nintendo Wii and accessories, the Plattsmouth Lions Club was granted $500 for the planting of trees at Rhylander Park, the Plattsmouth After Prom received $250, and Cass County Pheasants Forever was given $250 towards a new ATV Sprayer. The Community Foundation also announced their Volunteer of the year award that night. The nominees were: Diane Berlett of the Plattsmouth Public Library, Gerry Byrk of the Plattsmouth Conservancy, Doug Duey of the City of Plattsmouth, Tom Katalenich of the Plattsmouth Lions Club, Janet Moore of the Senior Center, and Norm Schoch of the Cass County Historical Museum with Doug Duey being awarded Volunteer of the Year. Congratulations to Mr. Duey for all his hard work.
USDA Rural Development Representative Judy James will be at the
Plattsmouth Public Library from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm every Thursday as
part of the 502 Direct Home Loan Program. The purpose of the program
is to provide low income people the opportunity to own adequate,
modest, decent, safe and sanitary homes in rural areas. The loans are
to acquire build rehabilitate, improve or relocate dwellings and
provide adequate water and waste disposal systems. Call Judy at
402-423-9683 Ext. 4 for more information or to setup and appointment.
The Plattsmouth Library Book Club will meet April 5th at 10 am. They will be discussing the book 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff. Plan for two hours are we will be watching the movie before we discuss the book.
March 27th the Plattsmouth Community Center is hosting the second of the Extension Senior Series sponsored by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension. This month’s topic will be Brain-Healthy Life Choices. The Program will start at 12:30 pm and pre-registration is not required. For more information please call Mary Ann Holland at 402-267-2205.
The Plattsmouth Chamber of Commerce is selling Chamber Bucks at the Chamber office. Chamber Bucks can be used just like legal tender in the city of Plattsmouth, come in $5 increments, and make great birthday, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day gifts. Contact the Chamber at 402-296-6021 for more information.
The First Lutheran Ladies Guild is holding a rummage sale from Thursday, March 13th until Saturday March 15th at the First Lutheran Church located at 1025 Ave D in Plattsmouth. The hours are:Thursday, March 13th – 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Friday, March 14th – 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday, March 15th – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Plattsmouth Public Library is holding an After Hours Open Mike Night Friday March 14th from 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. in the Library Auditorium. Any family friendly performance acts of at least 5-10 minutes in length are welcome. Snacks will be served. Registration Requested but Walk-Ins Welcome! Call Josh or Kirsten @ 296-4154 to register or with questions!
Plattsmouth Public Library will be holding their popular Soup Luncheon March 13th at 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. Cost is $5, a selection of homemade soups and desserts will be available, and takeouts are welcome. Call and ahead @ 296-4154 and we will have your order ready!
An Xbox360 Tournament will be held at the Plattsmouth Public Library on Saturday March 22, 2008. The games featured include: Halo 3, Guitar Hero III, Call of Duty 3, Crimson Skies and many more. The tournament will start at 10:00 a.m. and be completed when the winner is crowned. The cost is only five dollars, which includes lunch. Pre-registration is encouraged but not required, so sign up today!
- Boogie Woogie: this class is to help your toddler develop motor skills, rhythm, song and beginning social skills. There is also gym activities involved. Class meets Tuesdays & Thursdays 10:30 a.m.-11:30 am for seven weeks.
- Fitness fun: Children will be playing in the gym working on motor skills. The children will play age appropriate games and learn to play with others. The class will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays 11 a.m.-12 p.m. for seven weeks.
- Play-N-Wave: Children must be potty trained for this class. Half the class is spent in the gym and the other half is spent in the water. This class will meet M/W/F 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. for seven week
And also the following personal training packages (each class will be limited to five participants):
- Group Personal Training Weights: This group will meet in Mondays and Wednesday at 9:15 am in the Wellness Area. You will work with a personal trainer to set up a weight training routine that will give you fast results. This program lasts for seven weeks.
- Group Personal Training Cardio: This group will meet Mondays and Wednesday at 10:10 am. This seven week class will improve and maintain your cardiovascular health. This specialty class is great if you are training for a long distance event or if you are just getting started.
- Group Personal Training Core: This group will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:15 a.m. The focus of this group is to help strengthen and develop your abs, back and gluts. This class will not be limited to mat exercise and lasts for seven weeks.
- Body Evaluation: This program will meet Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 10:10 a.m. for a combination weight training and cardio program and on Fridays you will meet with a nutritionist. This class is taught for seven weeks.
For more information and pricing call Becky at 402-306-9629